Boring to Brilliant!
Presented by Lynda McDaniel and Virginia McCullough
A prerecorded webinar for you to enjoy at your leisure
This course contributes to the requirements for CMC certification with the Core Competency focus area of Consulting Skills and Tools, Early level
$29 for IMC USA Members, $79 for non-Members
Learn How to write attention-grabbing traffic-building
articles, blogs, books, reports, and even e-mail!
When you complete this webinar, you'll know how to:
1. Use a proven method over and over to write all kinds of engaging content
2. Break down the writing process into manageable pieces
3. Tap into that marvelous brain of yours to uncover buried treasure
4. Imitate to innovate–explore powerful writing from writers you admire so you can write that way too
5. Craft exciting headlines and bold introductory paragraphs that hook your readers
Keep your middle from sagging with proven techniques (The beginning
may hook your readers, but you can lose them midway with ho-hum
7. Introduce similes, alliteration, rhymes, and rhythm to engage and inform
8. Empower your ending—so your readers keep reading and take action
Lynda McDaniel, founder of the Association for Creative
Business Writing, brings more than 25 years of writing, teaching, and learning
to her coaching. Lynda has written 1,000 feature articles for major
publications, and she is the author of twelve books, including her
award-winning Words at Work, which
took top honors from the National Best Books Awards. Lynda has helped her
clients write dozens of books as well as hundreds of articles and blogs and
other business writing. Her clients and students hail from organizations such
as Microsoft, Visa, The Boeing Company, Citibank, U.S. Small Business
Administration, and the University of Washington.
Virginia McCullough has enjoyed a long career as writer,
ghostwriter, and book writing coach. As a ghostwriter,
Virginia has written eleven books for neurologist and smell and taste
specialist, Alan R. Hirsch, M.D., including "What Flavor is Your
Personality" and "How to Tell if Your Teenager is Lying."
Over the last three decades, Virginia has written or
"rewritten” well over 100 books—and edited many more—for consultants, doctors,
therapists, business owners and leaders, professional speakers, and other
individuals with compelling stories to tell. Her clients have signed contracts
with McGraw Hill, Warner Books, Simon Schuster, Sourcebooks, and other major publishers and have appeared on
"Oprah,” "The Today Show,” 20-20,” "Dateline," and programming on the
Discovery Channel, TLC, CNN, and MSNBC and NPR, among others.