"Success Story - Yours!"
A prerecorded webinar for you to enjoy at your leisure
This course contributes to the requirements for CMC certification with the Core Competency focus area of Consulting Skills and Tools, Early level
$29 for IMC USA Members, $79 for non-Members
Storytelling is a hot topic today.
That’s because we now understand that stories activate the brain in ways
that make our information, messages, and explanations stick. In this
webinar, you’ll take away an understanding of the power of stories and
how to use them in your business-related writing. You’ll receive dozens
of tips and techniques on storytelling that will add oomph to your
newsletters, articles, blogs, books—even meetings and presentations.
You’ll learn how to:
- Set yourself apart with stories (most people overlook this easy and fun tool to engage readers)
- Tell stories that trigger emotions—where we buy and buy in
- Create stories that resonate in personal ways that make your messages memorable
story variations such as brief anecdotes and case studies to breathe
life into material that could be dull—but stories will make it shine
- Pinpoint opportunities for adding stories to increase impact
- Deconstruct a story to learn how to hook your readers, keep them reading/listening and eagerly waiting for the resolution
- Create a call to action to end a story to ensure the results you want
- Present stories in stages to boost their impact
a story inventory to capture new stories for when you need them later
(in articles, blogs, books, and speaking engagements)
- Perk up your writing with similes, likely scenarios, and what ifs
- Enhance a story’s appeal with rhythm, alliteration, and sensory detail
Lynda McDaniel, founder of the Association for Creative Business Writing, brings more than 25 years of writing, teaching, and learning to her coaching. Lynda has written 1,000 feature articles for major publications, and she is the author of twelve books, including her award-winning Words at Work, which took top honors from the National Best Books Awards. Lynda has helped her clients write dozens of books as well as hundreds of articles and blogs and other business writing. Her clients and students hail from organizations such as Microsoft, Visa, The Boeing Company, Visa, Citibank, U.S. Small Business Administration, and the University of Washington.
Virginia McCullough has enjoyed a long career as writer, ghostwriter, and book writing coach. As a ghostwriter, Virginia has written eleven books for neurologist and smell and taste specialist, Alan R. Hirsch, M.D., including "What Flavor is Your Personality" and "How to Tell if Your Teenager is Lying."
Over the last three decades, Virginia has written or "rewritten” well over 100 books—and edited many more—for consultants, doctors, therapists, business owners and leaders, professional speakers, and other individuals with compelling stories to tell. Her clients have signed contracts with McGraw Hill, Warner Books, Simon Schuster, Sourcebooks, and other major publishers and have appeared on "Oprah,” "The Today Show,” 20-20,” "Dateline," and programming on the Discovery Channel, TLC, CNN, and MSNBC and NPR, among others.